Saturday, January 14, 2012

First mission accomplished!

IT. IS. ALIVE!

My jewelry display is complete, and I'm actually proud of this one.  It's a great look, and my jewelry collection is thoroughly sorted through.  The previous display was tucked in a cabinet and never saw the light of day.  That very feeble attempt sits to the left.  Poor earrings. :(


The finished product looks pretty crazy, but it is way better with stuff on it.  I ended up moving the silver hooks to the lower halves of the black parts.  It works better so that the hoops don't cover so much of the mesh.  Also, if you're attempting this, do not buy a cheap frame! This one started splitting when I screwed the hooks in to a pilot hole that wasn't quite long enough.

Also, the cork sheets are doubled.  One didn't hold a stud earring too well, but two was just perfect.



















And to your left, a charming little bracelet the boyfriend made me!  The lightning bolt Munny zipper pull is my personal addition.  To the right are my rings, bracelets, and make up brushes in a couple gelato containers that once held delicious frozen eats.  The smaller brown container holds my little navel piercings. ;]  And there ends my short career as a tour guide.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment