Friday, March 9, 2012

HARRY POTTER!

Project completed: February 25, 2012.

In order to set the scene for this project, I have to say I am addicted to Pinterest. I am also a huge Harry Potter fan.  I've read through the series at least 6 times since it's been published.  Anyway, there I am, scrolling through the multitude of crafty pictures and happen upon a link to a book clutch.  Immediately, I think, "I CAN MAKE THIS." So I do. I hunt down a relatively good copy of HP for $4 at the thrift store and the gold wristlet for $5 at another.



One box cutter and a round of glue later, my awesome Harry Potter fangirl wallet is born!  I didn't know this when I bought it, but the text on the spine of the book is gold.  That was complete luck and an utter fail as a true fan because I never take the book jacket off and inspect and memorize the actual cover of each book.  I almost did so I would know what color wallet to buy for my next project, but I ended up going with another children's book series instead.  I'm kind of leaning towards the younger set of hardcovers because many of the adult book covers have raunchy titles or even raunchier cover art.  Not that that's a bad thing, but I'd rather not be carrying a book of that sort as my purse/wallet/accessory/storage thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment